Monday, May 10, 2010

Pressure Makes Diamonds

Here I am at 2 in the morning, sitting in my little walk-in closet with the light on and laptop handy, finishing an assignment. I've had since Wednesday to read, annotate, ponder, and write... so why on a Sunday night am I not in a cozy bed dreaming and am 4 hours away from my alarm's wake up call? Good question. You see, as a writer (or English major or a college student even), we get things called a "writer's block." Right, not an incredible excuse, but I find myself a more creative person when I procrastinate. Sure the late nights really suck when I'm nodding off in the classroom, but when I turn in a paper that reads like an A+, that's more rewarding to me than the C I could have received with sleep! How am I so sure my late work isn't "C worthy?" It's as simple as my experiences - for my Consumer Math class Junior year in high school, I turned in a portfolio of a vacation trip for two. My project was shown to the class on why one shouldn't procrastinate! Oh, the irony (my secret for those is always colored construction paper and scrapbooking skills). Oh, and no I don't work in my closet often - I was being polite as to not to disturb my sister while she rests herself all over my new bedding <--RUDE! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment