Monday, March 15, 2010

Morbus Cyclometricus

Morbus what? People once believed trying to "square a circle" was an illness, and that illness was called Morbus Cyclometricus. Anyway, this blog is just to show my appreciation for those nerds who celebrated Pi Day yesterday. The math club at West Valley observed it today and it meant free apple/peach pie! I was a little ecstatic stepping out of ballet and finding a yellow cancellation notice on the door of my next class, Sports Nutrition. I had read about "Pi Day" as an event for the day and was bummed I had classes back-to-back until 3:30pm. This cleared my 11am - 12:30pm window, so I sat in the cafeteria, and while reading my textbook (on fatty acids and energy sources), I participated in the Pi trivia. I luckily answered one of them and received a $5 certificate to WV's new Drip Cafe cart with a yummy variety of snacks, drinks, and lunch-y items like sandwiches and yogurt. Thank you nerds for setting up an awesome day that put a smile on my face! More nerdy info about pi day: http://www.piday.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment