Friday, December 4, 2009

If You Like Pina Coladas...


... and getting caught in the rain, if you're not into yoga... drats! Song is now in my head, but moving on. Wrigley's Orbit brand gum recently released a Pina Colada flavor. How does this affect you? Well, Orbit is my favorite brand of gum not only because they really do deliver on their promise, "For A Good Clean Feeling, No Matter What™" but it's also sugar-free! If you weren't aware, sugar is energy for the bacteria that forms plaque on your teeth. The acid created by the plaque causes a cavity if left unwashed by saliva or by teeth brushing. By chewing gum after meals, you stimulate saliva, the mouth's natural defense against tooth decay. The Wrigley Science Institute™ has conducted research for three years now, and have discovered these added benefits to gum chewing:

• weight management (by chewing gum to control cravings)
• stress relief
• increased alertness, focus, and concentration

If you're not an avid gum-chewer, maybe you should start! They offer a wide selection to choose from, and have had some interesting ones lately (like Citrusmint, Bubblemint, Positively Pomegranate, etc). I was rather dubious to try this one since Pina Colada is not a typical flavor I would request, but to my avail, I was surprised at the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor it inflicted on my tongue. Unlike some gums where your mouth feels like you ate something, this one leaves your mouth feeling fresh, like you popped in a mint!

For more info on Wrigley's gum, or their research, copy/paste link: http://www.wrigley.com/global/index.aspx

3 comments:

  1. I have noticed that I drive better when I chew gum while driving. I always keep a pack in my purse now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about TMJ and other jaw related issues that can be aggravated by gum chewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gum has definitely helped me avoid eating candy while working at the candy store! I stare at all that sugary goodness for hours, and chewing gum gives me an excuse not to partake. Thanks Andrew for bringing that to my attention; I didn't really think about that

    ReplyDelete