Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye '09

Well, today is the last day of a somewhat great year for me. I'm excited to see how 2010 turns out! I've never really made New Years resolutions before, but I do have a goal for this new year - trying new challenges: auditioning for films, jumping off a bridge, and staying positive even when facing inevitable rejections from agencies. Rejection won't let me down though, because I've learned this year that I bounce back quickly. I can't wait to work hard to reach my goals, hang with new friends, and set out for an adventure of a lifetime! I feel it's going to be a great year for me [smiles].


Some tips to help keep your resolution(s), whatever that may be (not in any particular order):

-Be flexible. Know that life changes things instantly, so of course you may have to tweek some things and be ok with it along the way. Don't let it discourage you!

-Keep a record of your accomplishments. If it's dieting for example, log what you eat in a journal since it sucks having to write down slices of cake, some candy and cookies. It's a visual reminder of how well you do.

-Imagine reaching your goal and the steps it will take. You have to be realistic, so the best way to go about that is having a plan and deadlines. Back when I was naive on the subject, I thought being in a film meant moving to LA and "getting discovered." Not at all!

-Let someone know your goals. It's crucial having someone you trust help keep you accountable and encouraged

Well, now that all's been said, have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment