Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Living Behind A Facade

A little over a year ago I was flipping through those Post Secret books, you know, where anonymous letters are written revealing a secret. One that sticks to me is "My husband is a Southern Baptist pastor... I don't believe in God." To me, that sounds like a horrible way to live. Now I don't know her background. She could have come to that conclusion after her marriage or have always pretended she believed because she really loves the guy. Either way, hiding yourself just seems stressful and even damaging! I mean, she has to really involve herself in something she doesn't believe in. Think about it, her husband is a pastor - that requires more than the typical Christian attitude towards things. She has to sacrifice her Sunday mornings and possible weekday meetings to put on this front, pray to "God," and perhaps hold woman Bible studies, spouting her spurious testimony.

After some time, I can imagine it being frustrating and for sure would drive me crazy. I can picture it being similar to being around people all day, and just wanting to be at home alone, but just never being able to (temporary feeling). It's really sad when I read that about others, and I can't really relate. Like I said, I can picture how it would feel (my most frustrating moment), but this is her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment